We at Grace Life Ministries are excited about God's wonderful gift of Jesus Christ and His unconditional love for us. The gospel of grace has set us free to enjoy the fullness of liberty that we have in the Spirit, and our lives have been dramatically changed as a result. Our mission is to help other Christians experience their liberty in Christ, and to take this gospel of God's unconditional love to the nations of the world.
Grace Life Ministries began in 1994 when Kell and Lorri Frandsen started a support ministry for children and pastors in Orissa, India. Kell was ordained as a missionary in 1997 and as a pastor with International Assemblies of God in 1999. He has taught Bible School in India, participated in conferences and evangelistic outreach to Orissa tribals, and continued running the Canadian sponsorship ministry.
A church called Grace Life Fellowship was planted in the Comox Valley in February, 2001 and G.L.E.E.M. (Grace Life English Experience Ministries) was formed to reach out to students from Korea. A Bible School in the Comox Valley is in the planning stages and there are long-range plans to start a Bible School in India as well. We believe that this is only the beginning of what the Lord is planning to do through Grace Life!
What is the Gospel of Grace?
WE ARE NEW CREATIONS
After sin entered the world through Adam, the human spirit was cut off from the Creator and mankind has been separated from God ever since, living out of his soul --mind, emotions, and will--dominated by his fleshly appetites. BUT at conversion, we are made alive in Christ (Romans 8:16)---brand new creations! This is true for all who are in Christ Jesus. God is not reforming, changing or making new the old image of self, the old man, or the flesh. This is what religion tries to do when it reverts to works as a means to live righteously. Galatians 6:15 says, "For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision (religion without Christ) availeth anything, nor uncircumcision, (no religion and without Christ) but a new creature"(creation).
THE OLD IS GONE
Many believers see Christianity as a continual struggle between the 'inner man' and the 'outer man', between the old man and the new man. But when Jesus died on the Cross, our old man was crucified and buried with Him. When Jesus was raised from the dead we were raised with Him to walk in newness of life as new creations. The old is gone. We are called to believe it and take our rightful place in Christ, not as "two" anymore, but as "one"-- a new creation. We must believe that ALL the old man ('self', sin nature) was REALLY CRUCIFIED AND BURIED WITH CHRIST AND IS NO MORE. Though we are housed in a fleshly body which has physical appetites and a mind that still needs renewal, the flesh (our physical body) is NOT our identity( i.e. our nature).
TRANSFORMATION BY THE RENEWING OF OUR MINDS
All of our lives as Christians we have been taught that we are sinners....that we sin and come short of the glory of God--even though the scriptures consistently refer to believers as 'saints'. We have been told that we can never do anything about this sinful disposition except try to improve and try to sin less. Many earnest children of God live in this state of consciousness nearly all the time. Whatever we think about the most- the state of mind that we develop - THAT is what we are conscious of the most. Our new creation minds must be renewed if we are going to be transformed. First, we must fully believe that we have all that Christ has said we have in Him--righteousness, wisdom, sanctification,and power over sin. Secondly, we must develop, train and exercise the use of that mind, taking every thought captive in obedience to truth. This is done by filling it with the scriptures, the written Word of God. In this way we will become still enough for the mind of Christ to operate in us so that we are conscious of His thoughts and ways. Thirdly, we must develop an intimate relationship with Christ through His Holy Spirit living inside us. He will enable us to overcome sin and to walk moment by moment according to the law of love etched deeply into the new heart He has given us. A right understanding and application of the scriptures will lead us into rest and victory. Hallelujah!
WHAT WE BELIEVE
1. The Bible is God's infallible Word and authoritative in all matters of faith and conduct.
2. God is One in Three Persons - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
3. God created mankind, male and female, in His own image and gave them dominion over the earth.
4. God's Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, being God, became man, was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, was crucified, died, and was buried, was raised bodily from the dead and ascended to the right hand of the Father, whose two natures continue eternally and inseparably joined together in one Person.
5. The Holy Spirit alone can make the death of Christ effective to the individual sinner, leading him to repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, permanently indwelling and working through the believer for godly life and service.
6. The universal sinfulness of human nature renders mankind subject to God's wrath and condemnation.
7. The sacrificial death of our Representative and Substitute, Jesus Christ, whose blood was shed as a propitiation for the sins of the whole world, redeemed mankind from the guilt, penalty, and power of sin.
8. The new birth can be obtained only by receiving Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, through faith, not of works.
9. The security of the believer is based entirely on the atoning work of Jesus Christ, whereby he has full assurance of salvation and has the rights and privileges of a child and heir of God.
10. The sanctification of the believer is ultimately a matter of faith, just as justification is, and begins by receiving forgiveness, the life of Christ, and a new heart. It continues as the believer renews his mind by choosing the truth that is in Christ Jesus, thereby leading him to do good works inspired by faith and obedience to the revealed will of God, after which life of service eternal rewards shall be received.
11. The members of the true Church, whose Head is the Lord Jesus Christ, are all regenerate persons united to Christ and to one another by the Holy Spirit.
12. The observance of the Lord's Supper is a symbolic memorial of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and baptism is the testimonial of the believer's spiritual union with that event.
13. The supreme mission of the Church is to glorify God and preach the gospel to all nations.
14. The personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ will occur at the end of the age.
15. There is a physical resurrection of the body of the believer.
16. Salvation is found in no other name under heaven but in Jesus Christ alone; those who are saved receive eternal blessedness in the presence of God and those who are lost receive eternal punishment.